NEW Couples Retreat Weekend ~ September 29 - 30, 2018
Ever wish you could hit the reset button with your partner?
If so, here's a two-day relationship reset for you.
- Does it seem like you're having the same argument over and over again?
- Do you sometimes feel like you're turning into roommates more than lovers?
- Would you love a chance to step away from the busyness and demands of your daily life to focus on what matters to you most?
Join us September 29 - 30, 2018 for a weekend of reconnection and rejuvination. Learn more...
How Therapy Can Help
Is your relationship in trouble? Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel alone and lonely?
- Is your sex life unfulfilling or non-existent?
- Do you feel misunderstood?
- Are you and your partner more like roommates rather than a couple?
- Do you feel overwhelmed at times with anger, bitterness and resentment?
- Does it feel like you can't even talk anymore?
- Do you have the same argument over and over and it never gets resolved?
We all want to feel love, support, and emotional connection in our intimate relationship, but sometimes we need a little help. I help couples to understand the patterns that are occurring in their relationships that keep them feeling distant, unhappy, and trapped ~ trapped in a cycle of hurt, anger and often, profound loneliness. Couples mistakenly believe at times that the only answer is to separate believing there is no hope for change in this dance of despair. But there is HOPE.
Couples Counselling Can be the Answer to Saving Your Relationship
By working together, you will be guided to find better ways to develop trust, understanding and good feelings within your relationship. With the help of couple therapy, partners can:
- Commit to improve their relationship.
- Rebuild trust in a damaged relationship.
- Heal past hurts and disappointments.
- Improve their communication skills.
- Build a strong emotional connection.
- Become more understanding and accepting of each other.
- Make a smooth transition from being a couple to being parents.
- Deal with money problems.
- Parent more effectively.
- Build intimacy.
- Improve their sexual relationship.
Connecting with Your Partner
Research shows that on average, couples tend to live in a distressed marriage for seven years before seeking therapy. That is a long time to live in a state of disconnection and unhappiness. If you find yourself in this situation, I encourage you to reach out and wait no longer.
I use an approach to couples therapy called Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT is recognized as one of the most successful approaches to couples therapy with recovery rates between 70% - 75% and an improvement rate of 90%.
How will I know if EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) is for me?
- You have the same argument over and over and nothing works to make it better.
- You are exhausted from trying so hard.
- You know your partner cares about you but you still feel invisible and unheard.
- You are worried that your partner doesn't care but you know you once had those loving warm feelings.
- You want the fighting to stop.
- You feel sad and discouraged by not having the relationship you want.
- You want more trust, connection and intimacy together.
- You want to know that you matter to your partner and that you are important and special.
- You want to enjoy your partner and your relationship.
Couple Therapy really can restore the love, happiness and connection that brought you together in the first place.
This is not just about staying together. This is about finding your way back to the partner you fell in love with. It is about giving you the sense of safety and security that no matter what is happening in the world around you, you have each other and that brings a sense of comfort.
My goal is to help you connect with your partner.
Let me help you create the kind of relationship you have always wanted.
Take the first step...
Call 613-848-3683 or email to discuss how you can move forward in your relationship.
Mary Joan Brinson, MSW, RSW is a Certified EFT Therapist in Belleville, Ontario